Web host having problems

The server that hosts this site (and others) has been having trouble lately. Those that oversee its maintenance have acknowledge that there is a problem and will get back to us ASAP.

Progress on the project. Teleports have been implemented for the most part, and included in the editor. Work on the 5th Wily boss (the Wily Machine) is in the works. I’m going to have to do another clean up of the code soon to reduce the number of lines it uses, as I’m getting too close to the 9999 line limit and still have numerous things to implement. Basically, I’ll try and combine lines of code onto the same line if they are short enough.

Progress Report – Oct 5

So people are wondering where I am in terms of the project, since I continue to repeat myself, that I plan to get this done by the end of the year. That is still my goal, and that’ll only change if I run into a major snag from here to the end. Various parts of the development have ran into snags along its overall development, which I’ve ended up having to spend a lot more time reworking compared to others. As of right now, I’ve got the first 4 Wily bosses done. I’ll likely need to tweak them at some point, but they are working. The Mecha Dragon and Guts Tank had some snags, like needing auto scrolling and working with a platform like the tank has, but they’ve been dealt with. So what else do I have to do? Well, the last 2 remaining bosses, a teleport mechanic, the progress of working through Wily’s Castle (the stuff in between each level), and the little cutscene with Wily surrendering . I am hoping that I can design teleports to be used for custom levels, but we shall see. I’m still planning out how to get that implemented. Unfortunately, while the robot masters are available for use with custom levels, I have no plans for the Wily bosses to be available. Their mechanics are just too restrictive to allow it.

When testing the Wily bosses after getting the first 4 done, there was a screwup with the first Wily stage. The portion of the level where the Mecha Dragon would appear got cut off, so I had to extend that sublevel again. Currently the editor doesn’t clear the sublevel data from previous level in the main array I use, so when extending that last sublevel, it threw in the long stretch of the first sublevel that you start at. Seeing this, I wanted to see how the battle would be like, so I recorded it before I got to fixing it.